APPROVAL OF TRAVEL MUST BE SECURED IN ADVANCE OF MAKING TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS.
Travel Arrangements are expected to be made using the most cost effective method of travel available.
Original receipts are required for all reimbursable expenses (except for meals). Travel expenses shall not include any personal expenses.
- Registration -- A handwritten receipt will not be accepted for reimbursement.
- Airfare -- original receipt showing the itinerary and method of payment (can be reimbursed prior to the trip).
- Rental Car -- for mid-size vehicle only; original receipt showing method of payment.
- Personal Car -- The cost of the mileage reimbursement for a privately owned vehicle will only be reimbursed if the use of the privately owned vehicle is less than the cost of commercial travel (airfare, rental car, etc.) otherwise the value of the commercial travel will be the amount paid to the traveler. If mileage reimbursement of a privately owned vehicle is the most cost effective means of travel, mileage reimbursement will be made at the rate established by WVU Administration.
- Lodging -- an itemized, original receipt showing method of payment; must be for a single room rate and in the traveler's name.
- Meals -- per diem based on maximum daily rate authorized by the US General Services Administration (is determined by location of travel). There will be no meal reimbursement with a same day travel. (GSA Per Diem Rates)
- Other -- business related expenses such as taxi, tolls, phone calls, Internet, and parking will be reimbursed with an original receipt.
Upon returning from the trip you must submit original receipts to the Travel Coordinator. (Must note if any expenses were previously reimbursed.)
Travel must be submitted within 30 days after last day of approved travel. If submitted after 30 day period, a letter of justification from the traveler and signed by the Dean must accompany the request for reimbursement.